The Gamma-Rho Chapter of Kappa Sigma is looking to form an interest group for the spring of 2022. If you are interested in learning more, please complete this recruitment interest form and we we will be back in touch with you.
Our vision: Gamma-Rho’s vision is to provide our members with a great college experience, to ensure they are career-ready, to start a lifetime of friendships, and help them have successful lives.
• We will be a values-driven organization.
• We will be innovative and not afraid to lead.
• We will adapt as it makes sense and will collaborate with our campus & community stakeholders.
• We will focus on creating a fun and healthy environment.
• We will provide a quality living-learning environment.
• We will recruit those focused on academics, campus & chapter involvement, career-readiness, diversity & inclusion, leadership development, service and respect for differences, as well as those with a competitive spirit.
• We will on-board our members successfully; ensure our members are career-ready; and help them develop a lifetime affinity to Gamma-Rho, Kappa Sigma and the University of Arizona.
The Gamma-Rho Chapter of Kappa Sigma is the first national fraternity or sorority founded in the state of Arizona. We were founded in 1915.
Kappa Sigma is the largest national fraternity with over 300 chapters across the U.S. and Canada. Kappa Sigma was founded in 1869 at the University of Virginia.
We award $40,000 annually in scholarships at a local level plus the Kappa Sigma Endowment Fund awards over $250,000 across all of our chapters.
• Kappa Sigma has won hundreds of intramural championships through the last century.
• Kappa Sigma undergraduates help co-found the ZonaZoo,;co-founded the Bobcats (the senior honorary); designed the original Wilbur; and have been varsity athletes, ASUA Presidents & Senators, and more.
• Kappa Sigma alumni have served on numerous boards on the campus; they have their names on campus buildings; and they have been award winners.
• We have a Chapter House in the center of the campus that new members will be able to move into in a few years once they meet a list of requirements and have grown the chapter to fill the house.
• We have committed volunteers serving on our Advisory Board, Educational Foundation Board, House Corporation Board and as career mentors.
• We have a great career network that includes: career resources, a career advisor, a job board, mentoring platform, and monthly career speaker series
Click on the links to see the Gamma-Rho/Kappa Sigma Way as well as Gamma-Rho Expectations for members and the chapter. Click the Gamma-Rho Recruitment Summary to learn more about the chapter.
Becoming a Kappa Sigma will be the best decision you ever make, and it will benefit you the rest of your life. If you are interested in being in our initial interest group/colony in the 2021-22 school year, please complete this recruitment interest form. If you have any questions, contact Steve Maslowski.